IF YOU ARE USING A SLOW COOKER
Steps 2-6 would be the same. Then place the onions and potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker and place the roast on top. Skip to steps 7 and 8 and then place the carrots and potatoes around the roast. Place the lid on the slow cooker and ook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.IF YOU ARE USING AN OVEN BAG
- Add one tablespoon of the remaining flour mixture to the oven bag, close, and shake to coat the insides. Place the bag in a large casserole dish or roasting pan.
- Place the quartered onions in the bottom of the bag and place the roast directly on top of the onions. Place the garlic on top of the roast.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the onion soup mix, beef broth, beef consommé, red wine, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the top of the roast.
- Close the bag with the provided tie and cut six 1/2-inch slits in the bag. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and even more carefully untie the tie. Open the bag and add the carrots and potatoes right on top.
- Close the bag, using the tie to secure shut and return the pan to the oven.
- Bake for another 45 minutes to 1 hour or until carrots and potatoes are tender and roast is fork tender.
- Transfer the meat and vegetables to a serving platter and pour the remaining liquids through a strainer into a large measuring cup or bowl and let the fat separate.
- Follow instructions for gravy.